Dosbarth Efail Isaf
Croeso I Dosbarth Efail Isaf!
I’m Mrs Prosser and I teach Dosbarth Efail Isaf. I lead the Mission Ministry and lead the Religion Area of Learning and Experience. I am also a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
Most of my spare time is spent with my family, running around after my two wonderful children, Jacob and Abbie. We enjoy spending time together visiting places in the local area. A particular favourite is Cosmeston where we like to build dens in the woods. When I get time I also enjoy getting engrossed in a good book.
Efail Isaf is a mixed class of 24 Year 5 children. Many of us enjoy a variety of hobbies and sports in our spare time such as karate, gymnastics, swimming, football and fishing to name but a few. We enjoy coming to school and learning new things. We are a kind and caring class who try hard to work well together, sharing ideas. We have high expectations of ourselves and try hard to produce work to be proud of.
We are looking forward to the new challenges that we will face this year.
- Reading – daily reading of your school library book or your own book is encouraged.
- Learning Challenge – usually given on a Wednesday to be completed by the following Monday. Work is presented on sheets to be glued into relevant topic books, or on Google Classroom, originality and creativity are encouraged.
- Spellings/Spellodrome – we record 10 spellings in our diaries on a Monday and practice them regularly at home using Spellodrome.
- Mathletics – Maths activities are given each week via Mathletics. They always reflect classroom learning and should be practised at home regularly.
- Question of the Week – a question is posted on Google Classroom each week to encourage family discussion. Responses are then returned via Google Classroom.
- All homework activities are recorded in our Home School Diaries as well as our current Reading, Writing, Oracy and Numeracy targets. These should be practised as much as possible throughout the week.