Dosbarth Efail Isaf
Croeso I Dosbarth Efail Isaf!
I’m Mrs Prosser and I teach Dosbarth Efail Isaf. I lead the Humanities Area of Learning and Experience including Religion across the school and also lead the Mission Ministry. I am also a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
Most of my spare time is spent with my family, running around after my two wonderful children, Jacob and Abbie. We enjoy spending time together visiting places in the local area. A particular favourite is Cosmeston where we like to build dens and climb trees in the woods. When I get time I also enjoy getting engrossed in a good book.
Efail Isaf is a mixed class of 25 Year 5 children. Many of us enjoy a variety of hobbies and sports in our spare time such as cubs, gymnastics, swimming, dance and football to name but a few. We enjoy coming to school and learning new things. We are a kind and caring class who work well together, sharing ideas and helping each other to succeed. We have high expectations of ourselves and try hard to produce work to be proud of.
We are looking forward to the new challenges that we will face this year and all the fun we are going to have!
- PE- Our PE day is on a FRIDAY. Please ensure your child comes dressed in their P.E kit.
- Reading – daily reading of your school library book or your own book is encouraged.
- Learning Challenge – usually given on a Thursday to be completed by the following Monday. Work is presented on sheets to be glued into relevant topic books, or on Google Classroom, originality and creativity are encouraged.
- Spellings – Spelling lists for the ½ term will be posted on Google classroom. The children will be tested on their weekly spelling list on a Friday in their spelling books that will be brought home.
- Mathletics – Maths activities are given each week via Mathletics. They always reflect classroom learning and should be practised at home regularly.
- Numeracy Around the World – Targets can be found in their target booklet. The children will be tested on their individual target on a Friday.
- Question of the Week – a question is posted on Google Classroom each week to encourage family discussion. Responses are then returned via Google Classroom.
- All our current Reading, Writing, Oracy and Numeracy targets can be found in the target booklets. These should be practised as much as possible throughout the week.