Dosbarth St. David’s
Croesco I St David’s. I’m Mrs Priday and I teach in Blwyddyn Tri. I am also a member of the Health and Well Being Ministry.
I am a mum to two busy teenagers and when I am not in school, I am usually helping them both with their homework or running them to swimming training and galas. In my spare time I enjoy going on lovely long walks with our dog Maxi.
My class St David’s is a vibrant and friendly class of 20 lovely pupils! We are a fun and busy class that constantly strive to work hard and achieve our very best. We have a wonderful array of talents and skills and we all enjoy taking on new challenges. Most importantly, we are a kind and caring class and always support each other in achieving our goals.
- PE- Our PE day is on a TUESDAY. Please ensure your child comes dressed in their P.E kit.
- Reading – daily reading of your school library book or your own book is encouraged. Your library book can be changed weekly and groups have assigned dates which are recorded in their diaries.
- Learning Challenge – given on a Wednesday to be completed by the following Monday. Work is presented in Homework books or on Google Classroom, originality and creativity are encouraged.
- Spellings – spellings should be practised regularly at home. At least one week’s notice is given in diaries beforehand.
- Mathletics – Maths activities are set on a Monday via Mathletics and points can be earned until Sunday evening 6.00. They always reflect classroom learning and should be practised at home regularly.
- Question of the Week – a question is posted on Google Classroom every Thursday to encourage family discussion. Responses are then returned via Google Classroom.
- Our current Reading, Writing, Oracy and Numeracy targets are recorded in the back of our diaries. These should be practised as much as possible throughout the week.