Croeso i Dosbarth Oren! My name is Mrs McCallum and I am one of the teachers in Dosbarth Oren, Blwyddyn Un along with Mrs Morgan. I am Communications Lead for Literacy and Cymraeg Areas of Learning and Experience. I also lead our Criw Cymraeg Ministry. We are also lucky enough to have the support of Mrs Davis and Mrs Bowden throughout the week.
In Year 1 we will continue to develop the key skills of independence, perseverance and collaboration. Throughout our learning journey this year we will continue to develop our skills in Literacy and communication, Mathematical and Numeracy, Expressive arts, Health and well-being, Humanities and Science and technology. These skills will be applied through our exciting new topics. Out Current topic this term is “Here we are”.
As a Catholic School Religious Education is at the heart of everything we do. Our “Come and See” topics this year are:
* Families (Domestic Church)
* Belonging (Baptism/Confirmation)
* Waiting (Advent/Christmas)
* Special People (Local Church)
* Meals (Eucharist)
* Giving/Change (Lent/Easter)
* Holidays & Holydays (Pentecost)
* Being Sorry (Reconciliation)
* Neighbours (Local Church)
- Reading – Daily reading of your own book is encouraged. Please also feel free to use the “Oxford Owl” website to access online reading books. There are a wide selection of exciting books for the children to access.
- High Frequency Words – Please practise reading and spelling the 100 high frequency words regularly with your child at home. These can be found at the back of your child’s Home School Diary.
- Spellings – Spelling lists are sent home every six weeks. Please practise the spellings for the week dated. Our weekly spelling quiz will be every Thursday.
- Mathletics – Maths activities are given each week on Monday via Mathletics. They always reflect classroom learning and should be practised at homer regularly.
- Current reading, Writing, Oracy and Numeracy targets are recorded in our Home School Diaries. These should be practised as much as possible throughout the week.
- P.E – Our PE day is on a WEDNESDAY. Please ensure your child comes dressed in their P.E kit.