Croeso I Dosbarth Melyn! We have Mrs Benson who is class teacher and Mrs Blight who is our HLTA and supports our learning in Dosbarth Melyn. We are a happy and hard working class who always try our best in everything we do. In Dosbarth Melyn we will continue to develop the key skills of independence, perseverance and collaboration. Throughout our learning journey this year we will continue to develop our Literacy, Numeracy and Digital Competency skills and these will be applied through exciting child led topics.
We are a busy class who will be learning through play and experiential learning in both the indoor and outdoor classroom. We are all very different and special to our teachers who help us ‘believe and achieve’
As a Catholic School, Religious Education is at the heart of everything we do. We strive to “love one another as I have loved you”.
Our “Come and See” topics this term are:
- Families (Domestic Church)
- Belonging (Baptism/Confirmation)
- Waiting (Advent/Christmas)
- Special People (Local Church)
- Meals (Eucharist)
- Giving/Change (Lent/Easter)
- Holidays & Holydays (Pentecost)
- Being Sorry (Reconciliation)
- Neighbours (Universal Church)
PE – Our PE day is on a Friday.
- Reading – Daily reading of your school library book or your own book is encouraged.
- High Frequency Words- Please practise reading and spelling the 100 high frequency words regularly with your child at home. These can be found at the back of your child’s Home School Diary and in ‘words I am learning’ folder.
- Spellings- Spelling lists are sent home every six weeks. Please practise the spellings for the week dated. Our weekly spelling quiz will be every Friday.
- Mathletics- Maths activities are given each week on Monday via Mathletics. They always reflect classroom learning and should be practised at home regularly.
- Current Reading, Writing, Oracy and Numeracy targets are recorded in our Home School Diaries. These should be practised as much as possible throughout the week.
- PE- Our PE day is on a Friday.