Croeso I Dosbarth Lampeter! I am Mrs Galsworthy and I teach Dosbarth Lampeter.
I lead the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Recreation and work within the Science and Technology Area of Learning and Experience. I am also a member of the senior management team. I enjoy making the most of my spare time by walking along the beautiful Barry coastland and coming home to read a good book. I am also a mum to three busy children, Ethan, Sam and Holly. When I am not in school I am helping them with their homework or being a taxis driver and taking them to all their sporting activities. Life is very busy but fun!
My class of Lampeter currently have 29 enthusiastic, lively and hardworking children. They are all fantastic individuals and work together to make a great team. Being part of Lampeter means we have high expectations and are working hard to be independent workers. We enjoy choosing our learning and having lots of fun as we journey through the busy year.
- PE- Our PE day is on a TUESDAY. Please ensure your child comes dressed in their P.E kit.
- Reading – daily reading of your school library book or your own book is encouraged.
- Learning Challenge – given on a Wednesday to be completed by the following Monday. Work is presented in Homework books or on Google Classroom, originality and creativity are encouraged.
- Spellings/Spellodrome – we record 10 spellings in our diaries on a Monday and practice them regularly at home using Spellodrome.
- Mathletics – Maths activities are given each week via Mathletics. They always reflect classroom learning and should be practised at home regularly.
- Question of the Week – a question is posted on Google Classroom each Sunday to encourage family discussion. Responses are then returned via Google Classroom by the end of the week.
- All homework activities are recorded in our Home School Diaries as well as our current Reading, Writing, Oracy and Numeracy targets. These should be practised as much as possible throughout the week.