Croeso i Dosbarth Gwyrdd! My name is Mrs McCallum and I am the teacher in Dosbarth Gwyrdd, Blwyddyn Dau. I am Communications Lead for Literacy and Cymraeg Areas of Learning and Experience. I also lead our Criw Cymraeg Ministry. We are also lucky enough to have the support of Mrs Power, Mrs White and Mrs Bowkett throughout the week.
We are a busy and hardworking class of 29 children. We are all unique and talented in different ways and we each bring something special to our class family. Our children have now reached the stage in their learning where they learn how to be independent learners that know what they need to do to succeed. In Dosbarth Gwyrdd our current topic is Here we are! It is through these topics that we develop our skills in Literacy and communication, Mathematics and Numeracy, Expressive arts, Health and well-being, Humanities and Science and technology.
It is important for us in Dosbarth Gwyrdd that pupil voice is heard and the pupils plan their own learning across the enhanced provision. We call this our COOL learning which stands for Choose Our Own Learning. Our learning also consists of daily Rapid Phonics sessions, group guided reading sessions and Maths No Problem sessions. In Blwyddyn Dau our children are maintaining friendships already formed and building new bonds with increasing tolerance and understanding of others- Together we Believe, Achieve and Succeed.
- Reading – Daily reading of your own book is encouraged.
- High Frequency Words- Please practise reading and spelling the high frequency words regularly with your child at home. These can be found at the back of your child’s Home School Diary. The words highlighted in pink are achieved.
- Spellings- Spelling lists are sent home every six weeks. Please practise the spellings for the week dated. Our weekly spelling quiz will be every Thursday.
- Mathletics- Maths activities are given each week on Monday via Mathletics. They always reflect classroom learning and should be practised at home regularly.
- Current Reading, Writing, Oracy and Numeracy targets are recorded in our Home School Diaries. These should be practised as much as possible throughout the week.
- PE- Our PE day is on a Wednesday. Please ensure your child comes dressed in their P.E kit.