My name is Mr Dominic Moruzzi and I teach Year 6, Dosbarth Ewenny. I have been teaching in St. Helen’s for just over two years and have loved every single minute. I am originally from Caerphilly, but now live in Cardiff. I have a son, Ben, who is 18 years old and has just started university. With me live two cats, Rambo and Fleecy, who are very fluffy and adorable and just love causing mischief! In my spare time I like playing football, going to the gym, playing the guitar and reading.
There are 23 hardworking pupils in Ewenny who are enjoying their final year in primary school before the exciting move to high school. We all have a positive growth mindset and relish working hard and meeting new challenges. Everyone in our class uses the Gospel values as the bedrock of our learning and in the way we treat others.
- Reading – daily reading of your school library book or your own book is encouraged.
- Spellings – we record 10 spellings in our diaries on a Friday and practice them ready for a test the following week.
- Mathletics – Maths activities are given each week via Mathletics. They always reflect classroom learning and should be practised at home regularly.
- Question of the Week – a question is posted on Google Classroom each Thursday to encourage family discussion. Responses are then returned via Google Classroom.
- All homework activities are recorded in our Home School Diaries as well as our current Reading, Writing, Oracy and Numeracy targets. These should be practised as much as possible throughout the week.